Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DIY HP Wands!

Wandspiration...

Good morning Yall!!!

I know that you all are obsessed with Harry Potter. There are tons of tutorials out-there for a variety of HP themed DIYs. Today I want to share with you one of my favorite HP DIYs - Wands!!! Wands are a very important aspect of the magical wizarding world and make great gifts, which is what I wound up giving some of my friends for Christmas. It's a really simple process, and you probably have all the supplies at home.  


So here's what you need: hot glue gun, glue, wooden dowels, and paint. I used 12inch dowels that I bought  pre-cut in a pack of 12 for under a dollar, I found that 1/4" dowels tend to work best, but 3/16" and 5/16" also are a decent size. Also, when making these, you can go through a lot of glue, so be sure you have enough on hand.


It's a really simple process, just use the hot glue to create the shape of the wand. There are a lot of different ways you can style your wands. Be creative, and just finish up by painting your wands. I used acrylic paints and accented with metallics, but I haven't gotten around to painting these yet. I'll update you when I do. 

In the meantime, I'll be posting another tutorial soon, so if you have any feedback as to how I can do this better, I'd appreciate it, and I'd love to see what yall make! 



No comments:

Post a Comment